Positive and negative effects of globalization
Globalization refers to the overall development as well as modernization of a community as a whole. The reason why globalization is important is because it helps a community in gaining international recognition, influence as well as operation. This, however, can be projected in both positive as well as negative ways. The debate on whether globalization is good or bad for any particular community has been going on since ages and while some people stress on the benefits of globalization; others pay more attention towards the compromises and risks of achieving globalization. Without wasting much time, let us take a look at some of the positives as well as negatives of globalization.
Positives of Globalization
- Due to increased globalization in developed countries, there is more scope for developing countries to benefit from it. This way they can lead themselves towards economic success and ultimately achieve better standard of living as well.
- Globalization also boosts the ongoing competition between countries all over the world as well as within any particular country; hence making sure that prices of commodities are lowered to a considerable extent. This is a great chance for all end- users to procure goods at low rates.
- Thanks to the reach and influence of media these days, increased media coverage helps in drawing attention towards those parts of the world where human rights are violated for the benefit of the rich and powerful. This leads to improvement in human rights.
- When globalization takes place across a nation, it gets wider worldly exposure in the form of food, movies, art, music, clothing, culture, etc. This is a great way of forming closer bonds with the rest of the world.
- Globalization in one country/ community leads to a sense of competition in others; hence helping in keeping the prices of commodities under check during all times.
- All developing countries can benefit from the already existing technologies without the need to undergo the stress of developing any particular technology.
- Globalization helps in bringing different governments together so that they can work together towards achieving common goals; which is a great way of spreading global awareness regarding common concerns and issues.
Negatives of Globalization
- The most common drawback of globalization is that it is widening the gap between the rich and poor; where rich people are becoming richer and poor are becoming poorer.
- As a result of outsourcing, globalization may deprive an entire country of its jobs and resources. This is because globalization takes jobs away from one country and provides it to another country; hence leaving lots of people without the opportunities that they deserve.
- Although people belonging to different cultures and countries get a chance to interact with each other, it causes a loss in tradition and values.
- As species are deprived of their non- native ecosystems, there are increased chances of them spreading diseases and disrupting other natural ecosystems and their native species.
It is very important to strike balance between the positives and negatives of globalization so that balance can be restored in nature and its living species.
- positive and negative impact of globalisation
- positive and negative effects of globalisation
- positive and negative effects of globalization essay
- positive and negative effects of globalization
- positive effects of globalization
- impact of globalisation essay
- effects of globalization
- positive and negative impacts of globalisation
- positive and negative impacts of globalization
- negative effects of globalization