Positive and negative effects of foster care
There is no denying in the fact that homeless kids with as well as without foster homes face adverse situations in their life. Like two sides of a coin, there are two sides to the case in which kids are sent to foster care. At times, foster care homes are held responsible for breaking up marriages as well as for building gaps between family members. The inclusion of a new and unknown member into the family is often not accepted well by other kids in the family, hence giving rise to stressful situations for both the foster care family as well as the homeless kid. Below are some of the positives as well as negatives of foster care.
Positives of foster care
- Foster families or people who come forward to help the needy are providing a much- needed as well as respected aid to families and individuals; hence helping the society in growing and becoming a better place.
- Homeless kids and people who are taken care of by foster families get access to all kinds of resources that are required for healthy and prosperous living, such as education, respite, overall wellness, etc.
- For their noble cause and efforts, all foster families are provided with a small amount of monetary compensation. This, however, is not at all the reason why someone should opt to become a foster parent in the first place.
- These foster care homes develop a strong sense of emotional bond as well as trust with their adopted kids. In the long run, both parties are seen to be benefiting from this relationship.
Even though adopting kids is a noble deed, but it certainly comes with its own share of anxieties, especially if there are already kids present in the household. In such cases, foster parents should be provided with proper knowledge so that they are able to strike balance between their own kids as well as foster kids in the long run. Foster families are known for developing some very special bonds between the parents and their adopted kids.
Downside of foster care
- The small amount of compensation provided to foster care families is not at all enough for the proper development and care of the adopted kid. At times, it does not even cover the cost of having an extra family member in your house.
- There are around 50 percent of foster care kids who get reunited with their original families later in life. This causes a situation of painful separation for both the parties after spending so many years together.
- Even though foster care is considered to be a noble deed, but it often brings strain to everyone in the family. This strain can be in the form of financial, mental as well as emotional stress.
- Once they have adopted the homeless kid, there are chances that the foster parents may later feel that they do not have enough resources.
Adopting kids and bringing them into your family is a noble cause but it definitely comes with its share of ups and downs.
What are your thoughts on this matter? Share your views with us in the comments section below.
- positive effects of foster care
- positive effects on foster care childern essay
- postive point of day parties